Connect Your HP Envy Pro 6400 To Your Wireless Router
- Press and hold the Wi-Fi and Power buttons on your printer for three seconds. This will start the WPS mode on your printer.
- Now, head to your router and press its WPS button.
- A connection will be established between your printer and router within a short duration.
- In case you cannot locate the WPS button on your router, you can try the WPS PIN method.
- To do this, locate the Information button on your printer and press it for at least three seconds. This will light up all the buttons on your printer. Now, you need to press the Information and Resume buttons simultaneously.
- Now, your printer will print a page with the WPS PIN code.
- Open your router’s configuration utility and navigate to the WPS section. Then, enter this PIN to establish a wireless connection between your printer and router.
That’s it. You are almost done. Now, you need to connect your printer and computer wirelessly.
Install The Driver And Connect Your Printer And Computer
You need a compatible driver to establish a wireless connection between your printer and computer. It doesn’t matter in which mode you connect your devices; the driver is indispensable to access your printer from the computer. The oncoming instructions will show you how to install the software and establish communication between your printer and computer.
- Visit HP’s official website from your browser and enter your printer model.
- Click the Software, Drivers and Firmware tab on the product support page.
- Your OS will be detected, and the compatible drivers will be shown on your screen.
- Pick the most appropriate driver for your HP Envy Pro 6400 printer and click Download.
- Locate the downloaded driver file on your computer and run the setup file.
- If User Account Control pops up, click Yes.
- Follow the instructions on the screen, and when it prompts you to pick the connection type, select the Wireless connection option.
- As you have already connected your HP printer to your wireless network, the installer will detect it and establish a wireless connection between your printer and the computer.
- After you complete the installation, restart your computer.
- Hereafter, you can use this software to access your printer wirelessly from the computer.
Connect Your Printer And Smartphone Via Wi-fi Direct
- In case you don’t have a wireless router and still want to access your printer wirelessly, Wi-Fi Direct would be the ideal option for you.
- Press and hold the Information button for three seconds. Then press the Information, Cancel, and Resume buttons simultaneously to start Wi-Fi Direct.
- Now, head to your smartphone and enable Wi-Fi Direct. Pick your printer name from the list of nearby devices and enter its password in the appropriate field.
- That’s it. You have connected your HP Envy Pro 6400 printer to your router’s network. Henceforth, you can print your documents from your smartphone on the go. But, always ensure that you are within your printer’s network range.
In this manner, you should complete your HP Envy Pro 6400 wireless setup. For further questions and clarifications, reach our technical experts by utilizing the call option. Also learn about HP Envy Pro 6400 Unboxing Setup.