Continue reading this page to know more about the same
Hp Envy Pro 6400 - All-in-one Guide
You can connect your HP Envy Pro 6400 printer to a wireless network using the following:
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup
- HP printer software
Now, let’s see all the methods one by one.
Hp Envy Pro 6400 Wifi Protected Setup (push)
The Push method of WiFi Protected Setup is the simplest and easiest way of connecting your HP Envy Pro 6400 printer to a wireless network. However, you need a router with a WPS button to use this method.
- Switch on your HP printer and the wireless router.
- Now, enable the WPS Push Button method on your printer.
- To do so, locate and hold down the Power and Wi-Fi buttons simultaneously for a few seconds.
- When the edges of the light bar pulse purple, release the buttons.
- Now, press the WPS button on your router.
- Once your printer is connected to the wireless network, the Edge lighting glows purple at the outside edges of the printer.
- Now, connect your smartphone or computer to the same wireless network.
- Install the HP printer on your device using its mobile app or software.
Using The Hp Printer Software
- Initially, connect your Windows or Mac computer to the wireless network.
- Next, run the printer software on the same computer (which is connected to the wireless network).
- Perform the on-screen prompts.
- Choose Wireless Connection and connect your HP Envy Pro printer to the Wi-Fi network when prompted.
- Type the network’s SSID and password if instructed to do so.
- Complete the HP Envy Pro 6400 Wi-Fi setup by following the prompts displayed on the screen.
Using The Hp Smart App
- If you’re using the HP Smart app for the Wi-Fi setup, check whether the Auto Wireless Connect (AWC) setup mode is enabled on your printer. If not, enable it.
- This mode is enabled automatically when you turn on your printer for the first time, and it lasts for two hours.
- If it has been more than two hours, enable the Auto Wireless Connect setup mode on your printer.
- Hold down the Wi-Fi button for three seconds.
- Now, open the HP Smart app on your computer or smartphone and follow the on-screen instructions to connect your HP Envy printer to the wireless network.
You can also use the WiFi Direct method if you wish to wirelessly access the HP Envy Pro 6400 printer from your computer or smartphone.
Contact us if you need real-time technical assistance in performing the HP Envy Pro 6400 WiFi setup. Utilize the call button on this page for this purpose.