This article describes all the possible solutions you can try to resolve the “HP Envy Power button not working” issue.
Hp Envy Power Button Not Working - Recommended Solutions
Connect The Power Cord Properly
- In most cases, a printer will turn on when you press the Power button available on its control panel.
- But, in case the printer is not turning on even after pressing the Power button, the problem might be with the following:
- Power source or Printer itself
- As the first step of troubleshooting the “HP Envy Power button not working” problem, check if the power cord is connected directly from your printer’s inlet to the electrical outlet.
- If not, or you’re using a surge protector or a power strip, unplug the cord from it.
- After that, connect the cord directly from your printer’s inlet to the electrical outlet.
- Now, press the On/Off (Power) button and wait for a few seconds.
Replace The Power Cord
- If your printer doesn’t turn on even after 10 seconds, check whether the power cord is damaged.
- Replace the cord you are currently using if you find any damage.
- Now, connect your printer to the electrical outlet using the new power cord and turn on the printer.
Try the advanced solutions below if the HP Envy Power button is not working or the printer is not turning on again.
Hp Envy Power Button Not Working- Two More Fixes To Try
Disconnect And Reconnect The Power Cord To The Printer
- Disconnect the power cord from your HP Envy printer and the electrical outlet.
- Count for 60 seconds.
- After doing that, reconnect the power cord from your printer’s inlet to the working wall outlet.
- Now, press the Power button.
- Wait for 10 seconds.
- If the printer fails to turn on again, press the Power button once more.
Try A Different Power Source
- Check whether the power source you’re using is working fine.
- To do so, connect some other device (that requires power to turn on) to the same power outlet.
- If the device turns on, the problem is with the power cord or your printer.
- Otherwise, the problem is with the electrical outlet. In this case, connect your printer to a different power source and turn it on.
If the HP Envy Power button not working or the printer is not turning on again, contact our technical team if you need real-time assistance in resolving this problem. You can make use of the call option provided on this page for the purpose.