Try HP Print And Scan Doctor
HP Print and Scan Doctor is a versatile application that allows you to fix your HP printer problems efficiently. This utility is compatible only with Windows OS. Therefore, before you try this utility, ensure that your OS is Windows. Now, implement these instructions and fix your trouble using HP Print and Scan Doctor.
- Open a browser you prefer and visit the official support page of HP.
- Enter your printer model in the search area and go to its support page.
- Here, click the Software, Drivers and Firmware tab.
- Now, it will show you a list of compatible drivers for your OS.
- Expand the Diagnostic Tool-Fixes installation and driver issues section and download the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows application.
- Wait until this app gets downloaded to your computer. Then, locate and install it on your computer.
- Launch the app and click the Start option to add your printer.
- Depending upon your printer problem, pick either Fix Printing or Fix Scanning.
- The utility will diagnose the problem and guide you in fixing it.
- Hopefully, this should work for you. If not, proceed with the following sets of troubleshooting solutions.
Restart Print Spooler - HP Envy 7645
- Whenever there is a problem with the print spooler service, your printer may not perform just as you expect. In that instance, the best thing you should try is restarting the print spooler. The following instructions will guide you in that regard.
- On your Windows computer, open the Run box by pressing the Windows and R keys simultaneously.
- When the Run dialog box appears, type services.msc and click OK.
- When directed to the Services window, right-click on the Print Spooler option and select Stop. After a minute, right-click again on the same service and select the Restart option.
- Now, ensure that your HP printer is working fine without any trouble.
Make The Appropriate Changes In The Devices And Printers Section
On your Windows computer, you can take control of your printer in the Devices and Printers section. This section shows a list of things you must verify to fix your printer problem.
Ensure That Your Printer Is Set As Default
- Your printer should be the default machine on your computer. This makes your computer send your print jobs to the correct printer every time. The oncoming instructions will show you how to set your printer as the default machine.
- On your Windows computer, click Start and search for control panel. On the screen that displays, click Hardware and Sounds> Devices and Printers.
- Here, ensure you find a green check mark on your HP Envy 7645 printer. If not, right-click on your printer and select the Set as default printer option.
Ensure That Use Printer Offline And Pause Printing Options Are Turned Off
- You cannot access your printer efficiently when the Use Printer Offline and Pause Printing options are enabled. Therefore, you should ensure that these options are disabled in the Devices and Printers section.
- Open this section, right-click on your printer, and select Set as default printer.
- Go to the Printer tab and ensure that these options are disabled.
Cancel The Documents You Have Sent So Far
- If you keep sending documents to your printer, it may not function well. In that case, canceling the documents can help you handle the trouble effectively.
- To do this, open Devices and Printers. Right-click on your HP Envy printer and select the See what’s printing option. Then, go to the Printer tab and select the Cancel All Documents option.
- Now, ensure that your printer works fine. If not, restart your printer and check if it works out for you. In addition, you should also check your printer driver’s version. If this goes outdated, your printer may not perform well. Therefore, get the updated software from HP’s website and install it on your computer.
Therefore, these are the best HP Envy 7645 Troubleshooting solutions for your printer problems. We hope you find this page helpful. In case of queries and clarifications, don’t hesitate to contact us using the Call button.