Hp Envy 7640 Server Problem- Let’s Fix It
Generally, a server problem occurs on a printer due to so many reasons, like:
- No or unstable Internet connection
- Problem with Web Services
- Misconfigured Internet proxy server settings
Now, keeping in mind these parameters, let’s see how to resolve the HP Envy 7640 server problem.
Recommended Solutions For Hp Envy 7640 Server Problem
- Before performing the advanced methods, tap on the Retry button on the error screen if you’re facing this server problem for the first time.
- If the problem persists, check whether your HP printer is connected to a stable Internet connection because a poor or unstable connection might also lead to these kinds of problems.
- Disconnect your printer from the existing network and connect it to a new one if necessary.
Now, perform the scan to email operation to check whether the server problem is resolved. If the server problem persists on your HP Envy 7640 printer, try the advanced troubleshooting methods explained below to resolve it.
Hp Envy 7640 Server Problem- Five Fixes To Try
Perform the following troubleshooting methods one by one. After completing each method, perform a test “scan to email” operation to check whether the server problem is resolved. If the HP Envy 7640 server issue remains unchanged or persists, try the next method.
Restart The Hp Envy 7640 Devices
A restart is performed as a part of troubleshooting a problem. This method will help you resolve your printer, router, and computer's hidden and common hardware and software issues.
- Turn off your printer and the router.
- Disconnect the cables from the electrical outlet.
- Close all the programs running on your computer’s background and switch off the device.
- Wait for a few seconds.
- Reconnect the cables and turn on the printer, router, and computer.
Enable “web Services” in HP Envy 7640 printer
This feature plays a major role in helping the printer to perform the scan to email and other server-related operations. If it is disabled, there is a chance for you to face the server problem with your HP Envy 7640 printer. Therefore, check and enable Web Services on your printer.
- Access your printer’s EWS page.
- To do so, open a web browser on your computer.
- Type your printer’s Embedded Web Server address in the search field and tap Enter.
- You can find your printer’s EWS address by printing its Network Configuration Page.
- Now, your printer’s EWS page will open.
- Go to the Web Services tab.
- Click on the Continue or Enable button to turn on the Web Services feature on your printer, if it is disabled.
Configure Internet Proxy Server Settings - Hp Envy 7640 Printer
In some cases, the misconfigured Internet proxy settings could also lead to these kinds of problems. To resolve this, update your network's proxy settings (that you have used to connect the printer) on the printer’s EWS page.
- If you’re using a Windows computer, follow the instructions below.
- Open the Internet Properties window on your computer.
- Go to the Connections tab.
- Choose the network that you’re using.
- Click on the Settings button.
- Now, the Network Settings window displaying the selected network’s proxy and other settings will open.
- Note down the proxy server settings details and go to your printer’s EWS page.
- Here, click on the Web Services tab followed by Proxy Settings.
- Type your network’s proxy server settings in the given fields and click Apply.
- Ensure that the Web Services feature is enabled.
Update The Hp Envy 7640 Printe Firmware
An incompatible or outdated printer firmware can also lead to a server problem.
- Check your printer’s current firmware version.
- If the version is outdated or incompatible, download and install the latest one on your computer.
Re-enter The Email Address
In some cases, the server connection problem also occurs due to the email address added to the list.
- Remove all the email addresses added to your printer’s server.
- Now, re-add one valid address and check whether the server problem is resolved.
If the HP Envy 7640 server problem persists, contact our technical experts by utilizing the call option.