Wireless Setup During Printer Driver Installation
If you are connecting your printer to the wireless network for the first time, then complete the setup during the driver installation on your computer. To do so, just perform the below instructions carefully.
- If you have the driver installation CD (that came with your printer package), insert it into your computer’s CD-ROM drive. This action will start the installation process.
- If you do not have the installation CD, open the default browser on your computer.
- Visit the official support page of your HP ENVY 6200
- Here, navigate to your printer model name and click the Download option.
- Now, the driver will start to download on your computer.
- After completing the driver download, launch the executable file and start the installation process.
- In the installation window, click on the Continue button.
Configure your preferences
- Choose the “I have reviewed and accept the installation agreements and settings” checkbox in the “Installation Agreements and Settings” window.
- Click on the Next button.
- Wait for some time to complete the software installation.
- Select the Manual Setup option in the Connection Types window to connect your printer to the wireless network.
- Pick the “Wireless – Make a wireless connection to the device” option and click the Next button.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to finish your printer’s wireless setup and the driver installation.
Wireless Setup Using Printer’s Control Panel
- First, check whether the HP ENVY 6200 printer is turned on.
- Ensure to know your wireless network name and password.
- Now, tap the Wireless icon from the top menu on the printer screen.
- Touch the Settings icon.
- Tap on the Wireless Setup Wizard or Wi-Fi Protected Setup option from the list.
- Now, your printer will start to search for the wireless network.
- Once detected, tap the wireless network name and touch the OK button.
- Enter your network password and follow the on-screen prompts on your printer to complete the wireless setup.
HP Envy 6200 Wireless Setup Using HP Smart
- Make sure to turn on your
- Launch the HP Smart app and click the Plus sign ( + ) below the Add a printer option.
- Now, the HP Smart app will start to detect your printer that is connected to the same network.
- Select your HP printer from the list and then click on the Continue button at the bottom-right side of the screen.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to start the connection setup and click the Yes button in the User Account Control dialog box.
- Now, the app will find your printer and prepare it for the connection.
- Wait for some time to complete the connection setup.
- Once connected, click the Continue button.
- Just execute the on-screen prompts in order to complete the printer’s wireless setup.
You can complete the HP Envy 6200 Wireless Setup by following the above instructions.
In case you encounter any other problems with your printer, click the Call button on this page to contact our technical experts.