Try HP’s Diagnostic Tools
HP has designed some effective diagnostic tools to examine the ongoing problem and fix it automatically. In this section, let’s have a look at two different diagnostic tools to troubleshoot your HP Envy 6200 printer problems.
HP Print And Scan Doctor
- HP Print and Scan Doctor is compatible only with Windows OS. If you are using Mac, proceed with the next diagnostic tool.
- To begin with, download the HP Print and Scan Doctor application on your Windows computer and install it just as you do for any other app.
- Open the app and click the Start button.
- When it shows you a list of printers, pick your HP Envy 6200 printer.
- Depending upon your issue, click Fix Printing or Fix Scanning.
- Wait until the utility diagnoses and fixes your printer problem.
Diagnose & Fix - HP Envy 6200
- Another effective diagnostic tool from HP is its Diagnose & Fix feature in HP Smart.
- Get the HP Smart application from its official website and install it on your computer; you can also get this from the App Store or Microsoft Store.
- Launch the app and click Get Started on the Welcome screen.
- Click the + icon and add your printer.
- At the bottom-left corner, click Diagnose & Fix> Start.
- Your printer issue will be diagnosed and fixed in a few minutes.
- If you still cannot resolve your printer issue, try the following troubleshooting solutions.
Set Your Printer As The Default One
- It is always important to set your HP Envy 6200 printer as the default machine. If you don’t do this, your printer may not receive the print jobs you send from your computer.
- To set your printer as the default machine, click the Start menu of your Windows computer and search for Control Panel.
- When it shows you the search results, click on the right option.
Let's load some plain sheets into the printer
- Click Hardware and Sound> Devices and Printers in the Control Panel window.
- You can locate all the devices and printers connected to your computer here.
- Locate your HP Envy 6200 printer and right-click on it. Then, pick the Set as default printer option.
Update The Software To The Latest Version
The printer driver plays a crucial role in establishing communication between your printer and computer. If it goes outdated, you will end up in trouble. Read these instructions and update the printer software.
- Open your browser and head to HP’s official website.
- Enter HP Envy 6200 in the search area and then reach its support page.
- Here, you need to click the Software, Drivers and Firmware tab.
- Your OS will be detected (automatically) and the compatible drivers will be displayed.
- Pick the updated software and click the Download button.
- Locate the downloaded software within the Downloads folder of your computer and run the setup file.
- Go ahead with the instructions on your screen and complete the software installation.
- Now, ensure that your printer issue is resolved.
We hope these HP Envy 6200 Troubleshooting solutions have helped your printer problem. In case you still cannot resolve your printer issue, get in touch with our technical experts using the call option.