Using The Push Button Method - HP Envy 6000
Before starting the Wi-Fi setup, check whether your wireless router is WPS enabled. If you are using a router with a WPS push button, follow the instructions below.
- To begin with, press and hold the Wireless and Power button together for at least three seconds on your printer to begin the WPS push button method.
- You can now see the blinking purple light at the outside edges of your printer.
- Next, hit the WPS button on your router.
- Once the printer is successfully connected to the Wi-Fi network, the outside edges of the light bar will glow in purple.
Using The Pin Method - HP Envy 6000
- First, press and hold the Information button on your HP ENVY 6000 printer until the light blinks in all the buttons on the control panel.
- Hit and hold the Information and Down arrow buttons together for five seconds to start the WPS PIN method and to print a page with a PIN code.
- You can now see the outside edges of the light bar will glow in purple on your printer.
- On your computer, launch the configuration utility or the software of your wireless router or wireless access point and enter the WPS PIN.
- Now, your printer will take some time to connect to the wireless network.
Wireless Setup Using HP Smart App
- First, you need to make sure to turn on your printer.
- Ensure to download the HP Smart app using the official support page of your printer.
- After completing the download, launch the HP Smart app on your computer.
- Click the Plus sign ( + ) below the Add a printer option.
- Now, the HP Smart app will start to find your printer that is connected to the same network.
- If you can’t find your printer, click the Set Up a New Printer option at the top of the window.
- Here, select your HP Envy 6000 printer from the available list and click the Continue button at the bottom-right side of the screen.
- Now, the HP Smart app will start to prepare the wireless connection setup.
- You need to wait for some time to complete the connection process.
- Once it is done, click Continue.
- Execute the on-screen prompts to complete the printer setup.
Wireless Setup Using The Printer Software
- Ensure to connect your printer and computer to the same network.
- Before starting the Wi-Fi setup, you must know your network name (SSID) and WEP key or WPA Passphrase.
- Now, launch the printer software on your computer.
- Select the Tools tab at the top of the window.
- Click the Device Setup & Software option from the list.
- Select the Connect a new device option.
- Pick the Manual Setup option and choose the wireless option.
- Perform the on-screen prompts to complete the wireless setup.
Using the above instructions, you can quickly complete the HP Envy 6000 Wireless Setup for your Printer.
If you have any other queries, reach our technical experts. You can use the call button provided on this page for this purpose.