HP Envy 5661 Ink Cartridge Problem – Full Solution
Used, Refilled, Or Counterfeit Ink Cartridge Detected - Two Fixes To Try
Install Genuine And Unused Ink Cartridges
- You will see these kinds of ink cartridge-related error messages on the screen when you install a used, refilled, or non-genuine ink cartridge on your printer.
- So, check whether you have installed a genuine and new ink cartridge on your printer as the first step of troubleshooting this error.
- If not, remove and install the genuine cartridge on your printer.
- Also, ensure that the genuine ink cartridge you have installed is not damaged and works properly.
Reset The HP Envy 5661 Printer
- If the above method doesn’t rectify the ink cartridge problem on your HP Envy 5661 printer, reset the machine.
- To do so, turn on your printer if it is turned off.
- Unplug the power cord from your printer.
- Count for 60 seconds and reconnect the cord.
- Now, turn on the printer and check if the ink cartridge problem is resolved.
Ink Cartridge Errors - Let’s Fix It Together
When an ink cartridge error occurs, you will receive one of the following messages on your printer or computer screen.
- Ink Cartridge Failure
- Incompatible Ink Cartridges
- Cartridge error
- Cartridge Missing
- Incompatible Cartridge
In the section below, we have covered some simple and quick troubleshooting methods that will help you resolve these cartridge errors. Perform the methods in the order given. After executing each method, check if the cartridge error is resolved. If not, perform the next method.
Install The Compatible And Genuine Ink Cartridges
- HP printers are designed to work only with the ink cartridges that are designed by HP. When you install non-genuine or incompatible ink cartridges on the printer, the cartridge missing, incompatible cartridge, or cartridge error message will show up on the screen.
- Check if the compatible ink cartridge is installed on your printer.
- If not, remove and replace it with the genuine one.
Clean The HP Envy 5661 Ink Cartridge Contacts
- Check whether the ink cartridge contacts are clogged.
- If yes, clean them using a lint-free cloth or swab with distilled water.
Replace The HP Envy 5661 Ink Cartridge
- You might also face the HP Envy 5661 ink cartridge problem when using a damaged cartridge.
- Check and replace the cartridge if necessary.
The ‘use Setup Cartridges’ Error
- Initially, make sure that only genuine ink cartridges are installed on your printer.
- Now, remove one ink cartridge and initialize the printer.
- For example, remove the black cartridge from your printer and close the access door.
- Now, the printer will display the ‘single-cartridge mode’ message on its screen. Tap OK. Perform the on-screen instructions to initialize the printer with one cartridge installed.
Contact us if you need real-time assistance in resolving the HP Envy 5661 Ink Cartridge Problem on your HP envy printer. Go ahead and use the Call button on this page to get in touch with our technical experts.