Fixing HP Envy 5640 Print Quality Issue
If you are facing a print quality issue with your printer, align the cartridge and print a diagnostic page. To do so, just perform the below instructions.
Align The Cartridges
- First, ensure to load the sheets into the input paper tray.
- Now, open the HP software on your computer.
- Click the Print & Scan tab at the top of the window.
- Select the Maintain your Printer option under the Print section.
- The Toolbox window will appear on the screen.
- Here, choose the “Device Services” tab at the top of the window.
- Click on the Align Ink Cartridges option.
- Now, your HP ENVY 5640 printer will print the alignment page.
- Perform the on-screen prompts on your computer and complete the alignment process.
- Now, you can check the print quality by printing a diagnostic page. To do so, perform the below steps.
Print A Diagnostic Page - HP 5640
- Load a stack of plain white sheets into the input paper tray.
- Now, launch the HP printer software on your computer.
- Select the Print & Scan tab at the top of the window.
- Under the Print section, click the Maintain your Printer option from the list.
- In the Toolbox window, select the Print Diagnostic Information option under the Device Reports tab.
- Now, your HP ENVY 5640 printer will start to print the diagnostic page.
- Review the printed color blocks on the diagnostic page and check if the print quality issue is solved.
Fixing HP Envy 5640 Offline Issue
If your printer goes offline, it will not be able to print anything. However, by following the instructions provided below, you can troubleshoot the offline printer issue.
Set Your Printer As The Default Machine
- Click the Windows icon on your computer’s main screen and open the Control Panel window.
- Here, select the Hardware and Sounds option.
- Choose the Devices and Printers option.
- In the window that’s displayed, you need to right-click on your printer’s icon.
- Pick the Set as default printer option from the drop-down list.
For Windows 10
- Select the Windows icon at the bottom-left corner of your computer screen and open the Settings window.
- Choose the Devices option and click Printers & Scanners.
- Make sure to deselect the Let Windows manage my default printer option.
- Now, select your printer from the list.
- If you find that your printer appears multiple times on the screen, choose the printer with the online status.
- Now, select the Manage option and then click on the Set as default button.
- Now, check if your offline printer problem is solved. By now, your printer should be back to the online status.
With the above HP Envy 5640 Troubleshooting instructions, you can fix your printer issues. Also learn about HP Envy 5640 Printing Blank Pages.
If you have any other queries, reach our technical experts. You can use the Call button provided on this page for this purpose.