Getting blank or empty printouts is not a new problem and is experienced by many users. If you’re facing this problem for the first time, don’t worry; you can fix it easily and quickly. Before going into the troubleshooting process, let’s see some causes of the “printer printing blank pages” problem.Most common causes:
If your HP Envy 4524 printer is printing only a few blank pages, check whether the document you’re printing has blank pages. If yes, select the Skip Blank Pages option in the Print Properties dialog box and then print the same document.
Now, let’s see some advanced troubleshooting solutions to fix the “HP Envy 4524 printing blank pages” problem.
Using a genuine ink cartridge
- Check whether you have installed the genuine HP ink cartridges on your printer.
- To verify it, visit the HP anti-counterfeit page. This page will help you check the authenticity of the cartridges.
- If the cartridges you’re using are non-genuine, replace them with genuine ones.
- You can purchase genuine ink cartridges from a local retailer or the HP Store.
Replacing the low or empty cartridges
Sometimes, using a low or empty ink cartridge can also cause these kinds of problems. Check the estimated ink levels of the cartridges installed on your printer. If you find any low or empty cartridge, replace it with a new one.
Checking the estimated ink levels
You can find the estimated ink levels of the cartridges using the printer’s control panel, the printer software, or the HP Utility.
Using the printer’s control panel
- Make sure that your HP printer is turned on.
- Locate the Ink icon on the Home screen of your printer and tap on it.
- Now, the estimated ink levels of the cartridges installed on your printer will be displayed on the screen.
Using the HP Utility
- Open the HP Utility on your Windows or Mac computer.
- Make sure that your HP printer model is selected correctly.
- Now, click the Supplies Status option to view the estimated ink levels of the cartridges.
Replacing the low or empty cartridge
- Get the replacement ink cartridge from the local retailer store or HP Store. (Make sure that you’ve bought the genuine cartridge for the replacement).
- Open the cartridge access door followed by the cartridge slot of your printer.
- Locate and remove the empty or low cartridge from your printer.
- Unpack the new replacement cartridge and insert it into the slot.
- Ensure that the cartridge is installed properly.
- Close the latch followed by the cartridge access door of your printer.
Now, print a test page to check whether the “HP Envy 4524 printing blank pages” problem is fixed. If not, try the next solution given below.
CLEANING THE PRINTHEAD
If your printer’s printhead is clogged, there is a chance for print quality issues to occur. Clean the printhead to fix this problem.
- Check to ensure that your HP Envy 4524 printer is turned on and its paper tray has enough A4, plain, or letter paper to perform the cleaning process.
- Now, open the HP Utility on your computer.
- Ensure that your printer model is selected correctly.
- Now, click the Clean Printhead option followed by Clean.
- Complete the cleaning process by following the on-screen instructions.
- Once the cleaning process is completed, print a test page to check whether the print quality problem is fixed.
If not, contact us.