HP ENVY 4520 OFFLINE
When your HP Envy 4520 printer status goes offline, the first thing you should check is whether the device is powered on. The very next thing is to check the connection between your printer and computer. If everything looks good, but the status remains unchanged, follow these solutions.
Set printer as default
- On your Windows computer, open Control Panel and click the Devices and Printers tab.
- Check if there is a green checkmark on your printer’s icon. It indicates that your printer has been set as default on your computer.
- If there is no green checkmark, right-click the printer icon and select the Set as default printer option.
Disable Use Printer Offline
- If the printer status is still offline, open Control Panel and click the Devices and Printers tab.
- Right-click the printer icon and select the See what’s printing option.
- Cancel the pending print jobs, if any.
- Click the Printer tab and deselect the Use Printer Offline option from the drop-down list.
Now, the printer status should go online. If the problem persists, restart Print Spooler and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor diagnostic tool to fix the offline printer automatically.
HP ENVY 4520 PAPER JAM
If a paper is jammed inside your printer, you will not be able to print as you did before. To overcome this problem, follow the steps in this HP Envy 4520 troubleshooting guide.
- To begin with, turn off your printer and open the ink cartridge access door.
- Remove the paper path cover.
- Open the duplexer cover and remove the jammed paper.
- Re-fix the paper path cover and ensure that it snaps into its place.
- Close the ink cartridge access door and touch OK on the printer control panel.
- Now, restart your printer and retry to print your document to check if the problem is resolved.
HP ENVY 4520 NOT PRINTING COLOR
If your HP Envy 4520 printer is not printing in color, then there might be a problem with the color ink cartridge or print settings. Continue reading this HP Envy 4520 troubleshooting guide to improve the print quality and enjoy printing in color.
- Before starting, check the color ink level on your printer. To do so, touch the Ink icon on the touchscreen LCD.
- To determine the ink level of your printer from the connected computer, open the HP printer software and click Estimated Ink Levels.
- You can also use HP Print and Scan Doctor to determine the color ink level of your printer.
- If the color ink level is low, skip to replacing the color ink cartridge. Otherwise, continue reading the steps.
- Move to the printer control panel and touch the Tools icon.
- Select the Clean Cartridges option and carry out the on-screen instructions to improve the print quality.
Replacing the color ink cartridge
- With the printer turned on, start lifting the ink cartridge access door and hold it to the idle position.
- Lift the latch on the cartridge slot and remove the color ink cartridge from the carriage.
- Unpack the new color ink cartridge.
- Remove the protective seals from the cartridge before you insert it into the carriage.
- Once you have fixed the color ink cartridge into the carriage, close the ink cartridge access door.
- Remember to align the cartridges before printing any documents.
HP ENVY 4520 PRINTING BLANK PAGES
This HP Envy 4520 troubleshooting guide will assist you in resolving the blank pages printing issue on your printer.
- To begin with, check if your printer is loaded with enough paper.
- Ensure that no paper is wrinkled or jammed inside the printer.
- Clean the paper path and check the installed ink cartridges on your printer.
- Check the estimated ink levels.
- If necessary, replace the ink cartridges.
- Check the paper settings on your printer control panel.
- On your computer, open the Print dialog box.
- Remove the blank pages in the PDF or documents you are printing.
- Click on Preferences or Properties and check the print settings in the window that appears.
- If the printing issue remains unsolved, reinstall the printer software.
HP ENVY 4520 NOT PRINTING WIRELESSLY
- If you aren’t able to print wirelessly from your computer, check the wireless network status to which your printer and computer are connected.
- Verify if the connection is stable. If the connection is unstable, reduce Wi-Fi interference.
- Ensure that you have selected the correct printer name in the Print dialog box.
- Next, check the print settings and make the necessary changes.
- Try to run the network troubleshooter.
- Print a wireless test report to determine and fix the network issues.
- If the problem persists, restore the network settings to factory defaults and reconnect your devices over a wireless network for wireless printing.
HP ENVY 4520 NOT CONNECTING TO WI-FI
If your HP Envy 4520 is not connecting to your Wi-Fi network, carry out these troubleshooting steps.
- Ensure that your printer is powered on.
- Verify if your printer is placed closer to your wireless router.
- Go to the touchscreen LCD and press the Wireless icon to check the wireless status.
- Next, print a wireless test report to check the wireless network credentials you have configured on your printer.
- If necessary, connect your printer to your wireless network using different wireless setup methods.
- When no troubleshooting method fixes the wireless connection issue, run the network troubleshooter on your computer or use HP Print and Scan Doctor.
We hope this HP Envy 4520 troubleshooting guide will be helpful in resolving your printer issues. Connect our technical experts to make troubleshooting easier.